Re: Odlaylans [posted on wog]

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_EM1V8fw5_pXasrcF3B-K_CN3O3GUXaaSicGz21aNpttUtmfb1wXhaSMxZnP9WnsrdAcDE>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:54:07 +0100

I do think that you have to take in to account the different sexual drives of men and women. Men have an obvious incentive to try to maximize the amount of sex they get, as their production of offspring is only limited by the number of women they have access to. Women have no such imperitive, their reproduction rate is strictly limited so there is not the same selective pressure towards female promiscuity.

I did come up with a way around this, but I don't think it's suitable for Ernaldan women. The idea was in the context of the Balazar game that ran at Tentacles last year, when one of the characters seemed to have more children than was likely, and may also have been "putting it about a bit". I suggested that she had a secret magical ritual that caused her partner's wife to bear her child. She has illicit nookie with a man, he then transfers the pregnancy to his wife. This could also work for a powerful woman who has a harem of men and a harem of women to carry the children.

Phil Hibbs.

--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?