Re: Lokarnos gone!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Rf6ilNruyQlE1r6hmh3OIKUDKrr3wtcLVn4WitvyJ2oVJekdJDLf73Gb9mx2RjiLoXm_>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:11:54 -0000

> > Would it make you happier if I cited from Beowulf, Volsungsaga, Egil's
> > Saga, Njal's Saga, the Shahnama, the Mahabharata (admittedly I am only
> > really familiar with the Bhagavad Gita), or the Upanishads for heroic
> > misdeeds?
>
> As long as there's a little MESA OF LOST WOMEN (1953) and JUNGLE MOON
> MEN (1955) too...

Classics from a forgotten age. Randomly, one of the wonders of living in Germany is the local fascination with Wild Western fictions. I was at a Campingplatz on the island of Rügen a few weeks ago and the little commissary had a collection of bizarre and undated Wild Western novelettes from the old DDR that must have dated from the 60s and 70s.  When my Deutsch is good enough, I'll pick up a few. My lovely girlfriend has informed me that near Hamburg there is even a Wild West theme town.

Jeff