Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_eCXF1qLMSCz2GcJaheUXmHtM795R2gAIk5PCINcW_4Iev1Db9yKb5QHAP-Owr>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:23:29 -0000

> ... but the middle ground of commentary, creativity and
> general filking around seems almost completely dead.

There is no middle ground. There is no room for neutrality or consideration. The time of moderate discourse has passed. This is a conflict of extremes; a total war. You're with us or against us.

[For some reason my ducks have suddenly started wearing excessively wide jodhpurs and singing the Giovinezza. Which raises a serious point, where are the indigenous duckish reactions to 1613? Hmmm? No, standing at a crossroads with a crossbow and attempting to rob someone of a few bolgs doesn't count. Where's Il Duckish Duce, who eschews liberalism and individual freedoms for the renascent glory of the duckish race? Where's the duckish Argrath? If I had to note one race that would develop a reactionary, faux-atavistic fascist movement in response to various factors, it would be the ducks. That's Italian fascism, mind. Fezzes and incompetence for the win.]