Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: oswaldtrimling <oswaldtrimling_at_Ze7by6aaa781DcVFI7dMxN1pSZupdOh38fugD52rvC-Yc3TE6xkQ1jkR7BCXm>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 11:01:09 -0000

I am running a game close to Carmania, but I'm hoping I can avoid keeping them relevant. In any event, I'm talking generically, not about this one region in particular. New names for old things is, IMO, a bad thing regardless of which part of Glorantha it happens to be in. Unless, as I say above, the links are fairly obvious and easy to remember.

> If you aren't they probably don't. Frex, I very
> rarely consult my Entekosiad when I am running a game in Dragon Pass.

To be honest, I can't really make any sense out of Entekosiad at all. I find it quite dull, and way too confusing to be worth putting the effort in to really grasp it. (And, yes, I know others have had the opposite experience from it - tastes vary). So, even though I *am* running a game where the Pelandans are important, I still don't consult it. Of course, I recognise that that's often the way with Unfinished Works; one would hope that an actual finished Carmania book, or Pelanda book, would be rather different.

> > Depending on how and where it's done, it may not be. Unless you want
> > to use something you can't understand as background for something you
> > want to get published, I suppose. But in your own game, no, not so
much.

> You want to publish something in Talastar or Carmania? Great!

I'm talking in general, not specific. Although, having said that, if the Entekosiad hadn't put me off so thoroughly, I might have done, yes. (Carmania, that is, not Talastar).

> If you
> are working with Rick, then I am sure Greg and I are happy to pass on
> whatever material we have.

I'm not saying its unavailable, I'm saying that what I've seen of it so far confuses me, rather than being inspirational. I realise you feel differently about it, of course.

> Otherwise, just enjoy these little early
> draft snippets from our Orlanthi mythology book and enjoy the book
> when it is published.

I don't generally find feeling 'confused and alienated' (my words) to be terribly enjoyable. Each to their own. And hopefully, the final book will be somewhat different, anyway.