Re: Space is the place....

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_8qFHrfZeNEQvf--m3F0iylOhFt9wVLaWx_w_6vSSuhjJ9O4A1FiHalYc0oIR0M-B>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:24:09 +1100

Keith, who seems to be doing a good job of late in channelling Stew...*

13th Warrior, for me, is the most Runequest 2 Gloranthaesque film there is. The bad gys must be a Thanatari cult.
><http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRIzzF-VIM>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XRIzzF-VIM
The brief Agamemnon scene in Time Bandits (Sean Connery, minotaur) screams RQ2 in al its Praxian delights. Its the archetype, the platonic ideal, the Ur-moment of visual Glorantha. You can practically *feeel* the crits and shield damage rolls. It is the One.

And there can only be one.

Wanna fight about it? You choose the time. I'll choose the weapons.

Dim Jim

John Hughes
Publications Editor
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research College of Arts and Social Sciences
Hanna Neumann Building #21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730
W: www.anu.edu.au/caepr

CRICOS Provider #00120C

The CAEPR website has a large and growing electronic library of publications available
for free download, including Discussion Papers, Working Papers, Monographs and Topical Issues.