Re: Space is the place....

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_F6EB4bYZ86oDQu07jfHynWV3wH7P-y-0QXrfUEXdSo2UTFodYNBsSuv0xmTCuzQ>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 02:49:03 -0000

> The brief Agamemnon scene in Time Bandits (Sean Connery, minotaur)
> screams RQ2 in al its Praxian delights. Its the archetype, the
> platonic ideal, the Ur-moment of visual Glorantha. You can
> practically *feeel* the crits and shield damage rolls. It is the One.

You mean this bit. (OK, its a few minutes into the clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Tyyz3oVck&feature=related

> And there can only be one.
>
> Wanna fight about it? You choose the time. I'll choose the weapons.
>
> Dim Jim

It is just one vision of Prax, and Agamemnon certainly looks a lot like the Humakti warrior from the Citadel Minatures boxed set. But I've got some alternative visions of the city of Pavis - both during its founding, its golden age, its fall, and later resettlement, and Prax is more about landscape and morocanths than people.

YGWV (Your Glorantha Wanks Verily)

Keith