Re: Razzies Announced: '300' strangely snubbed

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_KRmOsfb8tW9kmmXs3Koa2iRHNRBUODpPZxTpndKPp9083hiwKa5cOygvh7L2d>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:12:49 -0000

John:
> I wrote a review at the time, but I'm trying to
> make it socially redeemable by combining it into
> an essay with an analysis of 'Beowulf' the movie
> and comparing them both to Gloranthan notions of myth and hero.

Cheers, John - I look forward to it.

> It even has a terminally
> embarrassed, plastic-chested David Wenham doing
> what he can with some painfully trite
> sub-shakespearian dialogue.(WTF is he doing
> here?!)

I was originally going to make a snide remark in my first post about our Dave, as he was for me the major clanger in what I thought was otherwise a fairly mindless, enjoyable experience. (I'm obviously somewhat more forgiving of films, I guess.)

John, rather kindly, suggests Dave was 'doing his best'. Indeed, getting into such a position once could be an accident. But it was preceded, for example, by the cringe-inducing butchery in VAN HELSING, which I managed to sit through half of. (Not that forgiving.)

Dave Wenham pwns the Persians for butchering Thespians.

Stew.