Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offline

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_ZD4XlHqs1q-fSvTBH46KeMs-oxKtRj1k8ReFIFq8zRpFtoHzHoCcOPiCgKfLYQMfkUw>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:27:38 -0000

> 1) many notable contributors to Gloranthan game design and HeroQuest,
> particularly including Greg (but not Robin Laws) simply don't really
> understand narrative game systems much at all, and certainly haven't
> read the Forge ideas much.

I looked at the Forge for a c ouple of weeks (a friend suggested that I take a look) and I couldn't really see the point. It all seemed a bit airy-fairy or arty-farty. I couldn't really see what they were driving at. Let the players tell the story, the GM is just a guide, blah, blah, blah. I've been doing that for years with RQ. Then you have narrative game systems that drive you into a certain way of playing - I didn't understand that at all.

And they had no cool spells or cults.

See Ya

Simon