Re: Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offlin

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_8JGwVymQB2QCsZ6gIj-og6Yl3rtWZeDKVBuvYVvEgKB-H4ydhKAKWTkOAKlK-nn2Ns>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:53:10 +1100

2009/3/5 Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_TBtnx_79T1A0FS8laWgW6cY6eRDZXQYqztAZwXwfhS0_xliW3Tu2RrfobbNO8O4tDoHRw3nE7jVPQX3SPQ.yahoo.invalid>:
> I looked at the Forge for a c ouple of weeks (a friend suggested that I take a look) and I couldn't really see the point. It all seemed a bit
> airy-fairy or arty-farty. I couldn't really see what they were driving at. Let the players tell the story, the GM is just a guide, blah, blah,
> blah. I've been doing that for years with RQ. Then you have narrative game systems that drive you into a certain way of playing - I
> didn't understand that at all.

Ooooh, special!

Lots of people have been doing this for years, which is why the hobby hasn't descended into Mazes and Monsters-like insanity with players serially murdering their Narrators. I think the agenda is to find what makes gaming effective at providing fun and then telling everyone about it so they can have fun too, not just the inspired super-geniuses of the pasttime.

That being said they are often full of shit, like any body of expanding theory. Especially one *that is on the internet* where any dumbass can share the revelations hard-won from 15 seconds of reading previous posts.

Oh shit...

> And they had no cool spells or cults.

I thought they had some cool Thanatari-like "Explode Your Brain With Drivel" stuff from time to time. Ron Edwards seems to occassionally provides Divine Aid too - but only rarely if you actually sacrifice to him.

--
John Machin