Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offline

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_Byo7lxtNAaXkaR9YJuUCEsuc9VDvTi7FSyGyhUR5zSSWPTl9Xpl8Cu4dS0YXjm5n>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:35:27 +1100

At 07:15 PM 6/03/2009, Jeff wrote:

> > yes, but *why*?
>
>Why are they fantastic? Because they are having fun in a creative
>and entertaining manner. Because they enjoy the mythical feel of
>Glorantha and the richness of the setting.

That's hardly explaining the unique value of the system that you're toting. You need to dig down deeper than 'mythical feel' and 'richness' before you can explain why said game is 'fantastic'.

>John, you might not like the approach that I (or Loz or David Dunham
>or Ian Cooper) are taking. That's fine, that's your right. Go ahead
>and hate it if you want. But it is informed by thousands of hours of
>gameplay with a very wide range of players and narrators.

Hate? I'm not the one making public pronouncements about 'purifying' Glorantha. Your comment is inane, and its a classic SMJR misdirection. I've made no judgement about HQ3: system is of little interest to me. I don't even think I've read HQ2. All three of you have done much that I admire. But I don't hear Loz or Ian making the kind of head-up-the-arse surreal statements about 'correct', Glorantha and 'correct' play that you make such a habit of. I would like to think that my twenty five years contributing to the Gloranthan community count for a little as well.

So if I can encourage you to think beyond the vagaries, what is it that makes your quoted game, 'fantastic'?

  dj