Re: Re: Apples and entirely-hypothetical Oranges

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_7BftH14NE8B5BmdpUdm5bnJrVJWBVNHump3N009RGsZZrm4SIN9EqGN-WA5D1wevRv>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 18:48:02 +1100

2009/3/12 Jeff Richard <richaje_at_hJVQh3eKPpDTFf450kJ7XyIFatfIKxULpx1jx-hYwdU7a0j13dclhJAGNfNUKKp08e7D9pZ_Fg.yahoo.invalid>:
> We did sell quite a few copies at Continuum and through Leisure Games.

Wrong side of the planet.

> And there are quite a few playtesting groups as well.

I'm not in one. It's probably because I live in the same city that *someone else* does - or perhaps because I didn't know how to ask to be in one.

> And I'm not sure how many electronic copies are circulating around but I'm sure there are plenty.

Being kind of a dick about intellectual property goes with the territory in my profession. Things which are circulated without permission upset me.

And are any of these the genuine article? People keep being ridiculously careful (and I am a public servant so I know all about covering one's arse) about putting "things may change"/"draft I saw" type caveats when they say anything about it so that leads me to wonder if anyone knows what the final product may look like...

--
John Machin