Re: Re: I have decided to resign dramatically and publically

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_efRDt4bNMtk8UysZwzOrVekZMPbUKRuMBdmuJvgOerko-tYa-SGQIUns8QV9PcKocJ>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:43:14 +1100

2009/3/27 Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_pQ84-XkWm3-w_R_BVR086Q5AfkOhhPo9kmrqhqODZEai82SUybLmoG-3yixEK15C0T_kIih-Uw.yahoo.invalid>:
> Boaty-baiting aside: And that helps those of us in the US who don't
> feel like shelling out hundreds of dollars (airfare, lodging, etc.) to
> actually see even a draft of new Glorantha material how? Of course,
> this is cheaper than losing thousands of dollars trying to run a
> Glorantha-themed con in the North America, so we've got that going for
> us. I can only speak for the US situation; I don't know if Australia
> (for example) has it better or worse - at least Australia seems to
> have cons that aren't completely dominated by D&D (or perhaps the
> grass just seems greener there).

Same with Australia.

Actually I would shell out the time and money if I had it to spare. Defending democracy through the establishment and enforcement of good recordkeeping and archival practices is hard and unrewarding work though.

I do have to say two things though:
1) given the at-times mournful nature of Gloranthaphiles I sort of wonder if it'd be fun
2) I sort of agree with Andrew in that THE WAY MATERIALS ARE DISTRIBUTED IS RETARDED. Talk about reinforcing your image as exclusivist anorak-wearing anthropowanking old misery-gutses.

--
John Machin