Pavis brūle-t-il ?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_lShQcc1hqeTNcV4Z1xSAwJ1iqPmdcELhQjKLCwvm_9NXhgMZ2mrHzx-bPWkatLvE>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 07:00:16 -0000

Ian Cooper :

> --- In ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com, "julianlord" <julian.lord@> wrote:
> >>you know, cleverclogs fucking-about with people who write, have >>written, or might write material for these games *might* just >>possibly be a teensy-weensy itsy-bitsy counterproductive dontcha >>think ???!!
>
> You mean the comment:
>
> >>D) He got sick of the current crop of writers and their attitudes.
>
> no doubt. I guess you could be right.

eerrrr well no that's not what I meant, but I suppose it does cut both ways, doesn't it... except that my comment was in NO WAY WHATSOEVER intended about RRrrorrry, who in my opinion has over the years been *consistently* open-minded and generous towards people -- which is of course *exactly* why his resignation is so disturbing, isn't it ; and why it was you know, perhaps a teensy-weensy itsy-bitsy teh stoopid to make some cleverclogs disdainful satire about it...

I was referring to people ("fans") fucking about with members of the production team(s), or with people who have been or who might again one day be members of this/those team(s).

But yeah, antagonising the "fans" (for want of a better word -- maybe "outsiders" ??) is also not conducive to these being motivated to get their own fingers out of their arses and *do* something constructive towards the whole edifice, is it ?

So what -- are we falling into the same bloody old elitist trap again, with the people on the "inside" and those on the "outside" feeling at odds with each other ? Or is it just Greg back in control freak mode again (every time he does that, production grinds to a halt, despite anyone's best efforts behind the scenes) ? Or has someone else picked up Steve Martin's viceregal control freak crown (and unlike some other people here, I am NOT a Steve-basher, he just had his faults like the rest of us -- *if* a vast and encyclopaedic knowledge of Glorantha can be considered a fault -- or is it still beer'n'pretzels mode up at Issaries Inc. ???) ?

I dunno, but something definitely gang astray in the Kingdom of Glorantha doesn't it, or there wouldn't be all these bloody posts in bloody IGQ to complain about things would there ?

NOT that anyone seems to be building bridges far as I can tell, burning them down seems to be flavour of the day...

Pavis brūle-t-il ?

Julian Lord