Re: Pavis brūle-t-il ?

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_R88i-EjXy8QAOz3bw18omc8TciD53s8A8iLmCx5e7OGQuV3T2qjPpX87GR_ovj-K>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:15:43 -0000

Ian :

> He started it after all.

... hmmmmm ... I think I'll refrain from commenting on this remark :/

> Of course. His right to attack me in this forum, without reponse is sacrosanct. I forgot the note on the immmoderate Glorantha list where it said 'where Rory gets to attack people trying giving up their own time without pay to try and make stuff for the fans, and we attack anyone who dares to respond to that criticism'

WTF ? You must be confusing this with some other list mate...

> Because you know so much about what happened Julian that you have a right to criticise my reaction as unfair. Rory's criticisms of me are more justified are they? From what evidence that you have?

I've no idea what's going on behind the scenes as I'm not an "insider" these days -- but then again I'm not the one making the ad hominem attacks here.

Or do you think that having a public fight with Rory for I don't care what reasons is constructive ?

> It looks Julian as though you want to irritate people who are working hard to try and make stuff happen. If that's what you want to achieve, well you're going exactly the right way about it. Go on give the guys working for free another good kicking while they are down.

Been there (worked for free), done that (had a good kicking), and even have the souvenir t-shirt...

Or I don't know, do you want to engage in flame wars with people but then complain about getting a "kicking" when you get your own fingers burnt ??

I mean, I don't know if you're really reading anything I wrote, but I haven't criticised *anyone's* work, and any comments on Greg are basically because he's the owner of the property and the buck stops at his desk not anyone else's. And they're somewhat tongue-in-cheek (well, maybe "ironical/satirical" would be a more honest adjective), and in the tradition of the lists' attitude(s) vis ą vis de Stafford.

I dunno, you want to have a fight with Rory ? Go ahead mate, but don't expect anyone else to enjoy the spectacle, and on *this* list, don't expect any magic protection against further comments that you may dislike ...