Re: Re: Meanwhile, this is what WotC have come up with ...

From: Manuel MOLINIER <manuel.molinier_at_xciG6bpn2vgvtDKdSKExP889rspamlACNLjSXN6zIVjXPljPW8_2OkVK7vCB>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 07:27:11 +0100

Hi All,
We all hate it but it works.
My only chance at roleplaying is at a meetup group that gather once a month. People can choose from the offered game which one they want to play. I offered Herowars. 1 person wanted to play. Runequest - same. I tried L5R - same sucess.
Since then I offer D&D 4th and my table is full at every session. And more importantly for game selling:
- Each of all the players had *at least* the player guide. Plus the additional books released since.
- Most of the player had some D&D minis

They provide their character builder + magazine for 5$ a month and it's just so convenient for pdfs.

They turned the millions of MMORPG fans in RPG books buyer and I think that should be a lesson for most game industry.

Manuel