Re: The Sartar Book - Whats Missing

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_xL6NiYZvuuKhGjq8OKFKapsNjPFKnoV6ZUT2CTNF3yY64ggtxSaVlG8qB>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 17:38:42 -0000

Not really. We are trying to provide a 'simpler' version of the religion than that in HQ1, closer to RQ. we also focus on what happens in Sartar. An Orlanthi hunter might approach Orlanth through the Movement rune and from a player's perspective that is all they need to know. We think most folks find that easier than worrying about Ormalaya vs. Odayla

We do however mention Odayla as part the Orlanth write up, which is the situation for the Quivini. Most folks will ignore it, but some, perhaps those who have the Beast Rune will choose the Bear and identify with Odayla.

A full treatment of Odayla as a stand-alone cult would be appropriate if your game was in the Far Place, where Odayla is worshipped stand-alone. It's not something we brought in here.

> And having Elmal without his rival (Heler) seems interesting too....
Again, within Sartar Heler is considered a sub-cult of Orlanth. For people who are interested it is there, but its too rare in Sartar to be a separate cult.