Re: (unknown)

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_X2DYYayGvNAwWU5XhrZznkblvyB8nlJoFsuBRbZVVXaSYofM7j6TV3FHW011NTOc>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:35:21 -0000

Guy Hoyle :

> Thanks, Julian. I scanned it several times to no avail, and I think that
> someone hacked my GMail account. I installed new virus detection software,
> changed my GMail security setting, and I haven't seen any more unusual
> activity. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Avoid dodgy websites where possible, and especially avoid clicking on any area at all, even the close window corner, of any aggressive pop-up window. These pop-ups can exploit backdoors to modify your computer.

If you are using Windows, and it's XP, upgrade ASAP to Windows 7. Vista has the same security features, but it can be hard to install, and the Vista GUI doesn't work as smoothly as 7's.

Julian