RE: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Hrestol's Saga / Book of Kings - Recent Resource Book List

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_U7gDBvn7N1ajyl_-PBY4pIRC15i9YuW188z065fqickLh_pyzVfgVnpPFHOGVQaB3AK>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:38:42 +0800

<I’m not really cut out for the WoG List, thought this was better here. Sorry for the lack of profanity.>

Erm, as a previous poster began a list of LARP’s. Has anyone put together a list of these newer ‘other’ resource books? Most appear to be Con Special Editions. Or is there a Meint’s Collecter v3 in train.

For example:

  1. Book of Light and Reason? – Convulsion 08?
  2. Hrestols Saga – one of either the Light or Dark Tentacles of 2010?
  3. Chapter 7 Harmast Saga – Arkham 05?

It would be great if permission could be given to put these things up on Drivethru/Lulu or (allowing the quality to slip slightly ala ‘pre-finshed’ works) printing an exact copy of these as a Stafford Library inclusion – poor old Jeff is busy enough mired in Sartarite/Pavic print goodness, so if we can we leave the poor ink mostali alone we would all benefit – don’t mention ISP’s around him as well : )

It can be quite frustration not being able to get access to these sorts of limited print run things, done for one specific Con on the other side of the world. For future Con Specials, could such Con’s be given the right to continue printing and selling on a web site for a year or two after the convention?

Another thought would be to provide this material for Rupe the Newt Murdoch to publish within his vast media conglomerate. If we can give him enough stuff he won’t need to keep sending us those reminder-for-article emails – this would enable us to see more of the nice newt rather than the chaos newt.

One last other thing is that could people please suggest a ordered list of useful background reading to be one up to a reasonable speed on this list.

Sartar: Kingdom of Heros:- S:KoH

Book of Sartar:- BoS

Glorantha: Crucible of the Hero Wars:- G:CotHW

Stafford Libraries Arcane Lore:- AL

Sean

PS