[WorldofGlorantha] Re: Hrestol's Saga / Book of Kings - Recent Resource Book List

From: Jeff <richaje_at_QZpnD_UzZGkxH1GyqV8CW3HJlEpeT9wM1-2tpLblqaOtxEyYhFm0cy8Zj-oQFrRPjyAy>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 09:47:55 -0000

> One last other thing is that could people please suggest a ordered list of
> useful background reading to be one up to a reasonable speed on this list.
>
> Sartar: Kingdom of Heros:- S:KoH
>
> Book of Sartar:- BoS
>
> Glorantha: Crucible of the Hero Wars:- G:CotHW
>
> Stafford Libraries Arcane Lore:- AL

If you are playing a game set in Sartar, I'd read S:KoH (which is often called the Sartar Book as that was its working title) first. After that G:CotHW is the best overall view of Glorantha although next year it will be blown away by the Guide to Glorantha. Arcane Lore is an interesting curiosity, but contains lots of discarded ideas and rejected approaches. I find GRoY, FS, HHP, BGM, MSE, EB and the Entekosiad far far far more useful than AL.

Jeff