RE: Fwd: drunk driving punishments from around the world

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_moLWdoH63kEvCCFmUS2RTZw-Ly90pgj9JouJP9v58hXycotdT8aomazquY2QJazhwhm>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:02:58 +0800

In terms of Oz, this is bollocks. It may have happened once or in a local country paper, but not all the time.

Just yesterday (in the "West Australian", the monopolistic Perth newspaper that serves the 1.8M of Western Australia [970M Sq kM]) the front cover had about 30 security camera images of people wanted for graffiti. The only weird thing was about 3-4 people didn't really match the profile (male, teenager) so maybe they may have slipped in a couple of other suspects as well... This might happen once every 1-2 years.

I really query what the various drunk drivers actually did. The El Salvador one may have got some people killed, while the Turkish one was just caught drunk driving.