Re: WoG vs Moon Design's forums

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at__XU-Fy5RxOlaSyTAfEKdPrI-wsGtj3Lzbag1xQaV1aTFj9aePDF8DstgSUrWi>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:11:57 -0000

Tim:
> There is a difference between moving between one mailing list server
> and another, where although the details might vary, the basic
> functionality remains broadly the same, and moving between a mailing
> list and a forum, where the two products work in widely different
> ways.

Water pistols, Tim! Get that cagoule!

:O)

I do understand. I'm just concerned that there is the potential for a persisting split (which I don't think will be a good thing). I'm rather callously hoping (and, even more callously, expecting) that people's enjoyment of Glorantha will override their own preferences as to the mode of communication.

Of course, this may all be moot. If the forums stay as they are, I can't see too much traffic being transferred there in the immediate future. (As much as I like forums in certain ways, I would not post a new topic there at the moment.)

It will also depend on where Greg posts.

(Am I suggesting that many Gloranthaphiles will devalue the creative enterprises of themselves and their peers, just to receive a one-line approbatory quip or answer from Greg? Not in the slightest.)