Alkor Alkor - A song for Alkoth

From: Tim <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:05:49 -0000

This was my Alkothi Entry for CJ's "Great Pelorian Song Contetst" freeform at Continuum. (Based on Iko Iko - originally by The Dixie Cups, but covered by acts as diverse as The Belle Stars and The Grateful Dead)

My Sun God and your Sun God were Standin' by the pyre. - My Sun God told your God: "I'm gonna set your world on fire."

Talkin' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

See my king all dressed in red.-
 ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth.
I betcha five golds he's gonna kill you dead.  Janata Rakapas.

Talkin' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

My Sun God and your Sun God were Standin' by the pyre. - My Sun God told your God: "I'm gon-na set your world on fire."

Talk-in' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

See my king all dressed in green ? -
 ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth.
He's not a man; He's a lovin' machine.
 Janata Rakapas.

Talkin' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

My Sun God and your Sun God were Standin' by the pyre. - My Sun God told your God: "I'm gonna set your world on fire."

Talkin' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

See my king all dressed in black ? -
 ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth.
When he's done you ain't comin' back
 Janata Rakapas.

Talk-in' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! ALKOR ALKOR, Alkoth  Janata Shargash Rakapas. - Janata Rakapas.

(Notes: Alkoth is the City of Shargash, Solar god of Destruction, it is ruled by three kings, The Green King, (who represents the Fertility aspect, and is the high priest of the city god Alkor, Sharagash's son) The Red King (who represents the destructuve aspect, and wields the power of Janata, the killing bolt) and the Black King (who represents the mystial aspect, and wields the power of Rapakas, (disintegration or dissolution)