Re: Ideas around the death of Kallyr, in game?

From: David Weihe <blerg2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

On the WorldOfGlorantha YahooGroup:
Ian_Hammond_Cooper_at_... wrote:

> "bryan_ thx" <bethexton_at_ ...> wrote:
> > One question: can Ian, or someone, give me a sentence or two about
 the 11 lights
> > heroquest? It sounds significant, and I know that there
is later an 11 lights
> >  heroband/military unit, but I'm completely at sea
as to the nature of this quest.

> It's in The Coming Storm. I don't want to create too many spoilers
> but

let's see what I can give. If you are adverse to any spoilers, don't read on.

If it was in existence before the Questers will have run it, then describing it, in whatever detail from handwaving to specifying the precise speeches used by each of the previous people who undertook this Quest since the start of the GodsWar, is no more a spoiler than all of KoS.  OTOH, if the entire Gathering Storm series is just the authors proving that they can create more heroquests then retcon them into Glorantha better than anyone else, that is a different matter.  In that case, Deus Ex Machina away, Ian.

> I think it's the most ambitious heroquest in print.

Poor Harmast, limited to the now-revealed-as-trivial Full Lightbringer's Quest.

Oh, and Ian never does describe the 11 Lights quest at the level of a handwave.  Apparently it brings back some of Orlanth's Ring (before the entire Ring disappears again before the Lunar quest spoiled by the DragonRise).  Which ones, why they aren't there, already (even the Dragon's Head was long there, if wildly separated from the rest of the Ring for the Age), he is keeping a semi-secret.

ARGH!