Re: Heroquest help

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:54:57 -0500

Nathaniel Kwok wrote:

> From: Nathaniel Kwok <kwokna_at_...>
>
> Hi there,
> First I'd like to get it out of the way, that I'm
> pretty addicted to this wonderful game. I think the
> designers did a great job and no other game I've
> played this year has had me up til 2a in the morning.
> Keep up the good work! This game really reminds me of
> those great Koei games especially Romance of the 3
> Kingdoms.
> Well anyway, I'm writing cause I have a problem with
> one of the heroquests. I know that a lot of depends
> on luck, but I've been through about 4 already, and I
> get the feel that certain answers are better than
> others. I've forgotten the exact name, but it's the
> cow quest, the one where cows get slaughtered for the
> first time. Before embarking on the quest, I usually
> put magic into questing, have a trickster in the ring,
> and ask for followers. The first times I did it, I
> never survived the three biting attacks. Then I
> started to sacrifice cows for strength. But then when
> I come back to the bulls, they tell me I didn't suffer
> enough. The answers I pick are, sacrifice for more
> strength, suffer attacks (3x), choose secret sign from
> stream. Then when I come back, I try all the options
> and fail. Anyone ever solve this quest? I've done 4
> HQs already, and this is the first time where I can't
> solve it with brute power.
>
> Thanks.
> Nathan

I'm sure this will be answered by others more erudite than I. But have you learned all the secrets of the Myth? If so, go and read the myth Uralda's Blessing in that section of the game. You will find some better 'directions' for helping yourself.

And solving something with brutepower is not always the best option, especially when dealing with Heroquests.

"There is always another way."

Jeff