Re: Heroquests

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:54:57 -0500

bjm10_at_... wrote:

> From: bjm10_at_...
>
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, David Dunham wrote:
>
> > Jeff is right, if you succeed with something that's not quite
> > mythically correct, it can be harder later in the quest.
>
> But you can STILL get through the darn thing! I've done "Making of the
> Storm Tribe" successfully the "wrong way".
>
> 1: Failed in reciting poem, so I suggested a lawsuit against the cage.
> It worked.

Yes, this is true. BUT two things happen: Its MUCH tougher later and the benifit is lesser (sometimes much less)

> 2: Failed in contest of strength with Wossname, but talked him into it
> anyway.

Oh, I just ignore him and go on. Valind is traditionally not a partof the Storm Tribe. Having someone from the Hurts Everyone Clan is probably NOT a good idea. Reading the myths when you get all the secrets is a Good Thing (tm)

> Came out of the whole thing successfully.

Oh, you can do it, I don't deny that. BUT you do run a higher risk of your hero being MIA.

Jeff