Re: heroquests & kings

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:54:04 -0800

Bryan Thexton asked

> My question is: has anyone found that repeating the
> same heroquest too many times makes it harder to
> complete? What about simply heroquesting too often?
> Or did I just face random bad luck?

Repeating one quest doesn't affect its future success. However, questing too soon after a previous quest does make it harder.

There are plenty of opportunities for bad luck in heroquesting, even for the best-prepared.

> In the short game, do you have to hold the kingship
> for ten consecutive years, or ten years total.

Ten consecutive years. How else could it be a Ten Year Ring?

> If I have to wait for the next two kings to die off (I
> lost the subsequent moot, and we are due for a female
> Vingan king next, and I don't have anyone appropriate,
> and then another ten years most of my nobles will be
> dead of old age!

Then there will be new ones.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.