Re: Pitching unwanted leaders

From: Nils H <nils_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:20:29 +0000

bjm10_at_... said:

>> What an odd tribe you are running. I have never had to resort to such
>> an unpleasant solution. And a good leader, especially if on the ring,
>> is always welcome.
>
>For Elmali, for some reason, having an Ernaldan around with a higher
>"Leadership" rating than the chief's will inevitably mean that there will
>be a group of women demanding that he step down in her favor.

I don't think it's particular to Elmali clans, I get the same thing with Orlanth as the main deity, even though my clan is perfectly happy otherwise. I think it's just because there's another candidate with a higher Leadership ability than your chief. Having a young chief probably doesn't help, either - I guess they don't have enough authority.

Eventually I gave in and rearranged the cabinet - made the Ernaldan chief while keeping my Vingan Queen on the ring - apparently the two don't need to be the same person.

I know you get an extra point of magic, are there other benefits to having a chief representing your main deity?

NH.