[spoilerish] on the topic of enemies .

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 06:58:25 -0800 (PST)

no deep secrets here, but some details of the trolls as enemies, so anyone who would rather find out by themselves please stop reading.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I found that after selecting "kill as many as possible" regularly with the trolls, that the number of dark trolls that showed up began to decrease. I guess they can't recruit dark trolls as fast as I can recruit weaponthanes. Eventually the raid frequency dropped off too, and when they did raid there would only be 8 or 9 dark trolls, so I think the game keeps track of the supply of dark trolls. If they hold off on raiding for too long I use "summons of evil" to bring 'em back for a licking before they build up too much strength. Trollkin are always numerous, of course, but it is the dark trolls I really worry about. Well, I used to worry a bit about the numbers of trollkin, but then I found the bagpipes of Ronskei (sp?). I now have a lot of fun visualizing the faces the 8 dark trolls after all the trollkin run away and they are left facing 19 or so weaponthanes and the full force of the fyrd, all intent on shedding the blood of their ancestral enemy. Usually I end up killing 3, wounding the other 5 or 6, and taking only minor wounds. Its not fair, really. Luckily fairness to enemies isn't one of the Orlanthi virtues :-)

-Bryan
--- "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

> > The trolls seem fairly neutral as an enemy. I'm
> not
> > aware of any benefits from having them as your
> enemy,
> > but their raids seem much like any other raiding
> > force, and if you have solid defences and focus on
> > killing them, they are quite manageable, albeit
> the
> > frequency of their raids can be annoying. You
> don't
> > get as much of a magic point boost from defeating
> > their normal raids, but summons of evil then
> trouncing
> > them still seems good for a small boost.
>
> I skirmish the little blighteres to death. But
> killing them works fine.
>

> Jeff

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com