Re: Where is everybody?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:51:04 -0500

Richard Franey wrote:

> From: "Richard Franey" <rick_at_...>
>
> Can anyone recommend a good set of shrines/blessings to have active to
> ensure good crops/herds/general tula running? I do OK on the military side
> and see to have raiding and defending (skirmish/kill) down to pat, but I'm a
> bit erratic on the more peaceful side of things.

This partakes of personal preference. But I find that Bless Crops/Preserve helps muchly. I will also keep either Sun or Rain running, depending on whether or not I'm using Elmal or Orlanth as my war deity. For some reason a lot of people here like Fyrdwoman.

Silvertongue is almost de-rigeur, if you intend to do any sort of allying or negotiating (and if you are running low on food, Spare Grain helps out a lot.

And, always, have a Chalana Arroy Shrine. You can switch back adn forth between healing and curing but if you don't have her blessings handy, when you need them you will REALLY need them.

> Also, does anyone know good places to explore (apart from Kero Fin). I
> haven't really tried Tarsh, and I might as well have wrapped my men in a
> coating of herbs and spices for the trip to Skyfall Lake and Cragspider!
> I have noticed that exploring Prax and the Grazelands just attracts raiders
> to you, so any suggestions?
>
> Rick Franey

Try exploring areas repeatedly. The little bit of Quivin Mountain is kinda of neat. Exploring into Beast Valley is dangerous. Try centering your explorations every inch or so -- it reveals the titles. Each set is thematic, eg, there's a series of Draconic encounters around the Dragonnewt Wilderness and the like.

But visiting one area repeatedly will gain some of the harder to find items and encounters, or so I've been informed. Of course you can always visit The Hollow repeatedly, that's fun. Kinda. Sorta. Just have a strong stomach.

Jeff