Re: Triceratops Riders!

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:48:57 -0500

"Grawe, Philipp" wrote:

> From: "Grawe, Philipp" <pgrawe_at_...>
>
> Um...sorry about that, folks...perhaps it'll look better in plain text.

> I have to tell someone...and seeing as my wife just smiles and says "That's nice, dear"...
>
> I got my Triceratops Riders! I'd gathered the eggs, bred them as War Beasts, figuring "What the hell...". I didn't have a chance to get back to the game for four weeks, but after Bryan's question a couple of days ago I sat down to play a bit last night, while the others were swimming. The third event I get for the game is that the beasts have been trained successfully. I kept them secret to spring on an enemy and bingo, all of 3 minutes later, the Orlundi raided me.
>
> We stomped 'em! Boy, did we stomp them. The Godspeakers warned me that they saw a battle, so I had put some magic into War during the sacred time. With a point of magic to Humakt and the Triceratops Riders....
>
> I had only 4 wounded footmen, they got 5 dead Weaponthanes, 10 wounded weaponthanes, 20 dead footmen and 40 wounded footmen and I took 8 footmen captive which I ransomed back to them.
>
> Harry. Feeling gleeful.

Yes, they are indeed a buff unit! I prefer to use them as a plow team as one gets some other, non-subtle benifits. That's not a bad little battle. Quite profitable....

And it probably did your reputation wonders. I suspect you may not be raided for a while. Check your map to see if some folks are suddenly VERY friendly with you. Terror. Fear. Big stamping whatthe HELL is that! All tools of the greater Orlanthi Hegemony!

Jeff