Re: Re: odd messages; agricultural blessings

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:31:30 -0800 (PST)

Often building up a strong military not only leaves your food situation marginal and your diplomatic situation rough, it tends to result in less than jubilant farmers. Besides all the useful blessings and shrines, I find "Ernalda feeds the Clan" to be one of those heroquests that I would happily perform every third year if I could. For starters, completing any heroquest tends to be good for the clan mood. Then, for three years after you perform it you get a rather substantial increase in crop yield, which lets you give some very substantial presents of food, and hold some major feasts--great diplomatically and the feasts are good for the clan mood too. Third, the benefits available are great--reconcile the farmers if things are getting too ugly, permanently improve your crop yields, or simply bring back a treasure. I really find quest has major benefits for clan management.

Oh, and let me put another good word in for earthblood. The worse things are with your neighbors, the more this helps. It also combos nicely with "summons of evil" if you have an enemy that bleeds *grin* Crops looking poor? Trollkin make great fertilizer!

--Bryan