Re: PDP and Clan Simulation Rules

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:19:07 -0500

At 01:53 PM 02/16/2000 -0000, you wrote:
>From: Nick Hollingsworth <NickH_at_...>
>
>David Dunham (#36)
>> Don't forget that you can bring up Help from within a
>> scene, and get a little info about clans.
>
>Didn't have a chance to try this yesterday. But will do ASAP.
>
>Out of interest, do you use similar mechanics to those in the game
>when running PenDragon Pass? I seem to recall talk of clan management
>and crop levels in old descriptions of the game. Are these things
>contained in the PDP rules? I just wonder if the farming and the magic
>simulators eveolved out of a paper based system.

There was a supplement that had economics rules, but IIRC they didn't work very well. Greg Stafford told me in private correspondence that they didn't plan to pursue that economic model any further, but that was -what- 12 years ago?

>Yonks back on the Glorantha Digest someone suggested the Vikings boxed
>set as a good source of clan / stead management rules. Does anyone
>know if there is anything suitable in there?

Don't have it to hand, but off the top of my head, no, there's nothing there.

--Martin