Re: those wacky ring members

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:17:54 -0500

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:09:48 -0800 (PST), Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...> wrote:

> My favorite ring member yet was a not especially
> talented blonde haired, doe-eyed, Uraldan--your
> sterotype of the Uraldan fertility figure/babe who
> only made it onto the ring because she was the only
> choice for a seventh cult. She turned out to be the
> most bloodthirsty, violent, warmongering ring member
> I've ever had.

My favourite are the elf-nazi's. "It's all the elves' fault. Let's raid them now!" If you let it go on long enough, they will provoke the Aldryami into a full-fledged war by committing what we would call war-crimes if we saw them on CNN.

"This is Christina Annamanpour, reporting live from South High Pasture, on the Anmangarni Tula. Today, the partially burned bodies of another fifteen runners were found in an abandoned crofter's hut, apparently killed, execution -style, with a double-bitten axe. The Anmangarni Lawspeaker's only comment was that 'it served the bleeders right.' This conflict is expected to escalate further with retaliatory tree plantings along the eastern borders. The clan ring had no direct comment on this development, but were seen passing out flyers for 'a smashing good bonfire and elf-roast, all uz and mostali welcome' for next Fireday."

> Actually, this also leads me to a question....has
> anyone ever ignored the Uroxi accusations of one of
> your ring members being a chaos worshipper, and later
> found out that the Uroxi were right?

I'm not sure either, but I continued to get chaos incursions. Only went away with a Temple to Urox and much searching of the Tula. LM is your best anti-chaos hq.

> In the case
> above I ignored the accusation.....is there any way to ever know for
> sure?

Life doesn't work that way.

Kind Regards,
Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca