Re: social promotion

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:42:07 -0500

Douglas Seay wrote:

> From: Douglas Seay <dms_at_...>
>
> Nils Brobakk wrote:
> >
> > Douglas Seay [mailto:dms_at_...] said:
> > >
> > > that is OK too. IIRC there is a clan in the 1600s that worships Argan
> > > Argar instead of Issaries, so why not be slack on strictly ancestors
> > > too?

These would be the Kitori, I think? They are down by Troll Woods. There was something on them being a troll tribe and a human tribe who made common cause during some nasty times.

> > Don't know how unusual this is, but I once had a neighboring clan worship
> > Argan Argar... Who is he, anyway?? :)
>
> Is that in there? Now that you mention it, it does sound familiar.

Yeah. These folks also demand that you make a lasting peace with the trolls as a part of their joining your tribe. I think they have some other wierd things going for them as well.

> AA is the troll god of surface darkness and is one of the few troll gods
> who don't hate all non-trolls (over simplified). For the trolls, he is,
> amoung other things, the equivalent of Issaries. Just today in the
> Glorantha Digest there was a story by Michael Cule about Issaries and
> Argan Argar called "ISSARIES IN THE PALACE OF BLACK GLASS". If anyone
> is interested, it is

Good thumbnail sketch....

Jeff