Re: social promotion

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:56:12 -0500

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:53:06 -0500, Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...> wrote:

> I disagree with the theory that god-talkers are just called by the gods
> and there's nothing we can do about it.

[...]

> I don't see how that gradual decline in nobles is a feature; frankly, it's
> a bug, and I'm trying to suggest some solutions that might be technically
> workable and maybe get into the next version (if there IS one).

I agree. I see this as one of the most serious design failures in the game. The faq attempts presents things as they are and does not imply my approval of that behaviour.

This puzzles me. If I'm building temples to Humakt or CA, and sacrificing to them regularly, why shoudn't the clan become more attuned to those gods' influence? Is there no mortal choice involved? Does each god/ess 'know their own' from birth, with no argument or discussion? That doesn't sound like my Glorantha at all.

Further, I agree with Martin. The best solution for KoDP is probably an event or two triggered by too few nobles in total, and too few nobles of the clan's chief god. How can we be Ernaldan with no godi of the Earth?

Kind Regards,
Bruce.
Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca