Re: war & peace

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:45:38 -0500

Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...> writes:

> I'm just curious, has anyone started the game as a
> peace clan and succesfully played it through that way?
> If so, any tips for succesfully walking the path of
> peace?

Yep. Diplomacy & trade are extremely important. Buy your neighbours (and everyone else) with food. You'll be rolling in it. 3k to 4k food is normal for a peace clan. Population pressures can be a real problem; do you limit growth or go on the offensive and grab some more land? Also, the 'peace bomb' quests help a lot.

You do have to raid every now and then or your magic (all your magic) goes stale.

I'm currently working on a cow clan: Orlanth/Uralda/Urox/Balanced with the elves as my enemy (cows like grazing land, elves forests, right?). To my great disappointment, I don't have an elf-bigot on the ring this time.

Kind Regards,
Bruce.
Bruce Hollebone: hollebon (at) cyberus.ca