Re: Questions

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:27:39 -0800 (PST)

I'm just going to comment on a few of these:

I think this is just tribal duty, spread around all the clans this isn't so much. I assume that once in a while, off screen, some of your clan go aid other clans.

> Is half of a ring 3 or 4?

If you are looking at the Eurmal prediction in the sacred time, the wording is "at least half the ring." Half the ring would be 3.5 people, but since you don't have the option of changing half a person (now *that* would be some advanced trickster magic!) you need to change four of the seven.

> Ability to select your default
> trader/emissary/explorer

This would be handy sometimes (like my current game, where the best bargaining skill belongs to a Challana Arroyan, but he's not the best at fighting off bandits....) but I don't think it is a big deal to just make the changes. Sometimes its even useful to know when the default person has changed, since it may mean a new leader has arrisen, or someone has improved their skill markedly.

> The too little farmers message should include the
> amount of farmers we
> need to recruit.

I disagree here. After all, agriculture isn't an exact science. One person might think you need ten, another might say 20, or 50. and if they bring kids, well then part of their labors go towards feeding the kids, so its hard to say how many hands you really need.

> When someone is between you and your raid target and
> asking for something
> to escort you through their tula, you should be able
> to raid them instead
> if they immediately will not allow safe passage.

This would be interesting. Maybe not wise, but interesting.

> when you are in the reorganize screen, you may have
> too many leaders
> starting for example with A-E. This will make them
> impossible to find with
> the letter organizer. Make it scrollable or
> something.

I've never had that, but I could see how it could be very annoying. If this can happen, they either need a feature that limits the number of leaders in each section of the alphebet, or make is scrollable, I agree.

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com