Linux

From: Douglas Seay <dms_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 13:41:49 -0500

Howdy Folks,

Has anyone tried getting KoDP up and runnin' under Linux?

I tried with Wine and have had some success, but nothing usable. I saw the intro splash screen, but the Mtplay95.exe program doesn't seem to like Wine too much. I've had to kill it each time to be able to do anything. This means the only time I boot Windows (spit) is to run KoDP or some educational software for my son (kinda flakey too, but off-topic on this mailing list). I've asked questions about mTropolis on Linux, but I've yet to get any response on that front. I guess that VMware might be the way to go.

If anyone has any pointers, I'd love to know about them.

Even better would be native Linux support with KoDP v1.4, but I think I'm dreaming on this one. Remember that Linux has 4% of the desktop market and Mac has 5%, so we aren't all that "marginal" :-)