Re: starting clan roulette

From: Magnus Widqvist <magnus.widqvist_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:51:57 +0100

Bryan Thexton wrote (quite a while ago): Subject: starting clan roulette:

>Now, I'm not advocating trying again and again to get
>the best possible starting position

[snip]

>After all, you have to be able to identify
>with the tribe to really get into the story.

Right! You got to have the right "feeling" for the tribe. I have started circa 25+ games and played 3-15 years, but you got to feel someting extra for the tribe...
Currently I have two games running around Y30-40, quite different tribes, but they're my folks... :)

>...So lets loose 100 cattle and 1/3 of my
>goods, plus some food I think (with the promise of a
>bad harvest) at the start of a "hard" game......this
>one should be REAL challenge *grin*

Yeah. Now let's put an Eurmalite as Ringleader; now that's a challenge...

-Magnus