Re: Visualizing (was Re: when do I get the windlord?)

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 11:53:52 -0500

> No, I realize that's how Widebrew "works" in the game system. I'm trying
> to visualize how it looks to my clan members.

Sorry, I misread/understood your post.

> Another thing I'm trying to visualize is taking another clan's land. I
> have killed or wounded every defender yet they have refused to yield the
> land. Obviously, this is something that entails magic, law, and military
> force. But what does it look like when you've got these wounded guys
> saying "hell no, we won't go" and my healthy victorious army can't just a)
> slay them out of hand or b) throw their sorry butts off our new property?
>
> -Martin

Either that, or with the dispersed structure of some settlements, you burn all the steadings on the part of the land nearest you and move in. Perhaps they just aren't letting you farm, engaging in guerilla warfare and curses? Or the part that's closest to you is heavy forest/hills (okay, that's just silly, but makes a good picture) and is hard to hold -- you have to clear the land AND secure it at the same time.

I've never wiped out the oposition totally before. That's impressive.

Jeff