Re: Glad they didn't decide to *curse* me...

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:25:57 -0800 (PST)

What was the magic rating of the warband leader, and how was your clan magic? The only time I had anything close to success against the shaman I sent, as I recall, an excellent magician and had double digits clan magic. Even then *memory getting hazy, but I think* we recovered some hostages but didn't kill him.  There doesn't seem to be much point in going after him with merely physical force--as you noted, it just gives you more people to loose. You need big magic to take on this guy.