Re: towns; eliminating clans; cows

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:17:21 -0800

Ilkka Luoma wrote:

> I have a question about ending the tribal war. I checked the FAQ but
> couldn't find an answer. I have tried it for at least five times and
> allways end up with one tribe agreeing with everything I sudgest and
> other one refusing everything. I know I have to try to build a town,
> but that never seems to work either. The other tribe thinks I'm
> siding with the other one.

Be sure you've been putting Sacred Time magic into Destiny. Keeping good tribal relations is important (i.e. with members of the other tribes, you don't know which opportunity will present itself).

Szu-Yu Wang wrote:

> You can keep on attacking a clan, but they never seem to go
> away. I dunno, not being a RQ player, but it seems that it is just not done
> to annihilate a clan. The best they do is pack up and leave, which only
> makes it slightly harder to attack.

It has nothing to do with RQ, it's as much a feature of Bronze Age technology and your political organization (people in your clan have probably married members of your enemy clan).

There are a few circumstances in which it's possible to completely eliminate a clan, but they are uncommon.

Edward Bornstein wrote:

> When a new King is being selected, Ring members talk about how many cows we
> can get by selling our vote. But i don't I get goods. Why am I putting
> people on my ring who can't tell a cow from a good?

The cow is the standard unit of wealth, and 1 good is worth 1 cow, so people frequently use cow to mean wealth in general. Besides, it could always be wishful thinking -- can you tell a cow from a good before you're gifted?

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.