Re: Another Way to Lose the Game

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 08:57:35 -0500

At 08:38 AM 03/27/2000 -0500, KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>Clan Moods drop and swing with frightening reguarlity, just like
>politics in Real Life.

Please cite a historical example of a single population segment's mood dropping from as-high-as-possible to as-low-as-possible overnight based on a single event, without affecting the overall group mood.

>And often they will recover in short order. And
>Chalana Arroy can help with moods as well, if you will recall.
>
>But paying tribute to non-humans is definitely a no-no. I just declared
>War on Craigspider. It should be interesting to see how it works out.

I bet 100 cows to 10 on Cragspider (but not to you, Jeff, you're toast).

I have no problem with the game making paying tribute to non-humans something with dire consequences. What I have a problem with is (a) the lack of a reasonable warning and (b) the excessiveness and abruptness of the swing. It destroyed my willing suspension of disbelief. It was clearly a game artifact; it--not to put too fine a point on it, and to make it clear since I was evidently too subtle the first time--sucked.