Re: Tip: how to get a trickster

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 21:31:31 -0000

Odd clans are fun! Challenging, sometimes, but fun. I find once you survive to the tribe stage, assuming you also have a trickster, that with three points of magic in quests, having the right cult for a heroquest becomes less critical. Mind you, getting that first "Making of the Storm Tribe" done for the clan making blessing must have been a challenge.

The one cult I actually find it hardest to live without is Lhankor My, but I'd agree that Issaries is second. I've been doing without either of them for over a decade in one game, and while I admit it makes sacred time rituals easier to decide on, having no more than one point of diplomacy, mysteries, and trade is rather limiting. We feel so socially stupid! (Especially since our "best" emissary is a 21 year old Ernaldan with "very good" bargaining). I can just see us in a few years "Yeah, you should, like, make a kingdom with us 'cause you ain't got nothing better to do and we're like so much cooler than you anyways, OK?"

--Bryan