Aarrrrghhhh! (and a small tip)

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:39:50 -0800 (PST)

*trying not to beat the computer, since it isn't mine*

You know a game is good when it can get you this frustrated.

I'm finally nearing, or at least I thought I was, the end of my first long game. I started it over two months ago (I've alternated it with other sagas). I've had word of the feathered horse queen, and tribal spirits came to tell us we have a destiny of creating a new thing.

Then, after fending off a demand from the farmers that we split the clan, when the warriors came demanding the same thing I had to comply, and our resources were greatly diminished. Then, when many of our leaders had been living into their late 60s even to 70 (much to my impatience as I was waiting for them to be replaced with youngsters with sorely missed cult affiliations), my oh-so-capable clan chief and tribal king died of old age at only 62. So, we are faced with trying to recapture the kingship right after our resources were decimated by the split.

Now for the tip: if you clan is heading for a split, see if you can fend it off until Sea season, after you have paid for the upkeep on all those temples! It can easily be worth 40 - 50 combined cattle and goods.
*sigh* of course, I thought of this just after letting
my clan split in dark season.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com