Re: Need general help

From: Christian Beijner <d88-cbr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:44:29 +0200 (MET DST)

>1) My biggest problem has to do with lack of cows.

>but I have been stuck around 500 with a population of 1000.

My experience is that you need more cows than population. At one-half the cows, your supply will probably just dwindle, no matter what. Tips:

  1. Never sacrifice cows, unless there is no other option. Sacrifice goods. Max out your crafters for this reason.
  2. Get the Uraldan "Cow blessing" ASAP.
  3. Have more than twice the land allocated to cattle than that which your advisors recommend.
  4. Trading and occassional cattle-raiding (not to mention keeping own patrols) are good for quick, but small boosts in cow population.
  5. And of course there is the Uraldan Quest (improve cow knowledge of people), but this is one of the harder quests.

Hope this helps.
Chris