Re: Need general help

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 06:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

Due to the odd nature of onelist's fowarding, I saw the response to Erica's original mail, but not her mail itself, when I responded. I see now that she mentioned she already has the calf blessing--sorry for the advice to do something you already have!

About the "making of the storm tribe" heroquest, here are some handy hints. You may or may not already be doing some or all of these:
-first of all, the god you are seeking the aid of here is Orlanth, so pleasing orlanth before starting the quest is a good idea (see next few suggestions) -try and sacrifice to him in the year before the quest.
-make sure to have at least a shrine to him--a temple is even better.
-Orlanth is the storm god, so quest to him during storm season.
-Some of us believe that your actions in the year leading up to the quest matter. If this is true, then:

    -Orlanth seems to like cattle raids, so do one.     -go on a pilgrimmage to his birthplace (Kero Finn)      (use the exploration function)
    -It is kingly to be generous, so give someone      gifts.
-the higher your current clan magic is when you quest, the easier it is to succeed. If you are tight on magic, you can always call in a favor to receive three points of magic (or more or less, three is customary). -"making of the storm tribe" also has two levels of mysteries, and again it is much easier to succeed once you know both levels.
-Finally, once you know both levels of the mysteries, carefully re-read the associates myth on the knowledge screen, and make sure you re-create it as accurately as possible during your quest.

Good luck!

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com