Re: Need general help

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:47:11 -0700

Erica asked

>1) My biggest problem has to do with lack of cows.

Since cows represent both food and wealth, I almost always sacrifice goods instead. (Don't be confused because people use "cow" to refer to wealth -- 1 good is worth 1 cow, and is usually acceptable as the same thing.)

It's a good idea to have more cows than people (though I don't think this is a hard requirement).

>2) Some blind beggar came and said that my clan is ready to start a tribe
>but every time I tried, I failed. So I performed the quest that relates to
>starting a tribe.I admit to cheating and starting over to try and pick the
>right choices. Is there always a right choice for the quests and if your
>guy/gal is good enough then they will work?

Yes! The right choice in a heroquest is almost always implied by the details of the myth. Once you've learned "Making of the Storm Tribe," switch to the Background screen and view it. Be sure to click the little circle to see the details.

Even with the best choice, you won't always succeed. It depends on your hero(ine) and preparation -- and luck. Heroquests are hard, and some are harder than others (the Elmal quest and the Uralda quest in particular).

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.