Wow, that's what I call a raid.....

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:44:35 -0700 (PDT)

We've been feuding intensively with the Arnoring clan since we settled in Dragon Pass. Despite the fact that we haven't managed to settle either of our other feuds and even have a new one running, we've been getting the better of it. Especially since we completed the Orlanth and Aroka heroquest a couple of years ago. (by the way, we are only a balanced clan, and don't have all that many war blessings active, but they seem reasonably inept at war--a peace clan, I imagine). I was planning on starting to sieze their tula soon, but hadn't taken any of it yet.

Anyway, the talking fox showed up, and we agreed to not clear any land for five years....then I checked the agriculture screen and discovered that due to extensive illness amongst the farmers last year, my "spare" pasture had reverted to wildlands....meaning we'd need more cleared land soon.

Conveniently, my first exploration party to Prax came back just then, with the offer from the bird riders to help in a raid. Hmmm, yes, let's raid the Arnorings right now and sieze some of their tula.

Well, we eluded their patrols, and charged right at them....and beat them SO badly that they packed up and moved away after just the one battle! Wee, we now have 120 hides of pasture!

Of course, we are still dirt poor, short on cows, and dealing with 4 feuds, but by god whoever survives will have a story to tell to their grandchildren!

Which is all to say that, despite what was once posted here before, it does not necessarily take three seperate tula seizures to drive a clan off of their land.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com