ease of learning heroquests

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:14:07 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes deities seem more eager to have you quest to them than others? In other words, sometimes they will often teach the secrets to their quest before you've learned all of their mysteries, while others they hold on to them to the bitter end.

Early in one game our sacred time prophecy was that the godspeakers felt the presence of many disease spirits. We didn't yet know any of Challana Arroy's blessings. At the time, we put some magic into health, learned the curing blessing built a shrine, and sacrificed much treasure to keep enough healthy bodies to protect the clan and bring in the harvest. Today, I went back to that save to attempt to go right for the heroquest solution. I tried it at least half a dozen times, and every time through I had to learn all of her blessings before I could learn the secrets of that myth.

Now, we only had one magic in mysteries (no lhankor my worshipper, unfortunately). Does anyone have any experience that suggests to them that some gods part with their myths more easily than others, or is it just a situational thing? (maybe you learn myths more easily with two magic in mysteries?)

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com